Spring break could not have come soon enough for me. This has been a very stressful year-school and personal. I needed this week to relax and have some time away from school. That is exactly what this week has been. My sister came into town last weekend and left yesterday. It is always good when she comes. We don't get to see her much so it is always nice when she's here. We didn't do a whole lot, but we did take the boys to the zoo one day. I will try to get some pics to post from that excursion. Today the boys and I hung around the house which was nice. The weather was absolutely beautiful. We spent most of our days outdoors. Of course, we are still drying out from the torrential downpours we had on Tuesday, but the garage and driveway was dry. Tomorrow my mom and I are taking the boys on a picnic, which should be lots of fun! It has been a good week thus far. I can't say that I am ready to go back to school. We have a long time before our next break, Memorial Day.
On a different note, here is the latest on Chris. He has been released from the doctor to go back to work. He still had the wound vac up until last Friday. He worked from home all last week. He went to Waco for the first time since before the surgery on January 8. He did fine, but has not missed the drive. He goes back to the surgeon the first week in April. At that time, the surgeon will decide if he can have the ostomy reversal on April 15 as planned. The surgeon wants the original wound healed completely before the reversal. If it is not healed to his satisfaction, then the surgery on the 15th will be pushed back. We will keep you updated on that. That surgery is considered a major operation and will require another 4-6 day hospital stay.
Those of you on spring break this week, enjoy the rest of your week off. To everyone, have a great Easter weekend and celebrate Christ our Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment