Thursday, July 10, 2008

LPGA

Okay, so it has been a while since the last post. We have been on vacation. With everything that has gone on this year with Chris, we were encouraged by family to take a trip just the two of us. So, we did. Last Thursday, July 3, Chris and I headed to NW Arkansas (Rogers, Bentonville area). I know you are probably wondering, "Why there?" I am glad you wondered. Chris and I enjoy golf (Chris more than me). We enjoy the LPGA more than the PGA (at least I do). So, the closest tournament to Texas was the P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Tournament. So, we decided to go. We booked a room at the Embassy Suites, got a weekly pass to the tournament, and had a great time! Our hotel was the hotel that many of the golfers were staying at so we got to see and talk to several of the players, which was very surreal. That is the probably the closest I will ever get to a professional athlete. Anyway. We went to the tournament Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday was very special for me because I got signatures from many of the golfers. I worked very hard for it. The tournament also had a concert and fireworks show on the 17th hole of the golf course on the 4th. That was really cool! I love to watch the fireworks, but this was awesome! Just being on the course and looking up to the fireworks while patriotic music is playing is just incredible to me. I know you are wondering about pictures. Well, no cameras or cell phones were allowed into the tournament so we did not get to take any pictures. I was too afraid to even take one because I was afraid it would get taken up and I would not get it back. We got back into town on Monday to two very excited boys. For the first few days that we were back Andrew kept telling us over and over, "I love you , mommy. I love you, daddy." He kept hugging on us and wanting to be near us all the time. Now, he is back to his old self, being very ugly. We are finished with vacations for the summer, but still have a few small things here and there. Friends in Waco, we are coming soon! I will let you know when so we can hopefully see you.

No comments: