It has been a few weeks since I have posted. Sorry. We have had a lot going on. I will try to post some pictures of Easter and other events that have gone on soon. I wanted to give a quick update on my sister. She is expecting my niece just any day now. Her actual due date is May 5, but at her doctor's appt a few weeks ago they said she was measuring a week ahead which would be this coming week. Thursday she started having contractions about 5 minutes apart. The doctor told her to come in, they would check her out, and go from there. She had not changed any since her last appt so they gave her the option to stay there and be monitored or go home and call back if things progressed. She decided to go home. My mom felt that we needed to go ahead and come down here because when things did start to happen, they will probably happen fast. It is about a 4 1/2 hour drive to get here from Ovilla. So, mom, dad, Andrew and I loaded up Thursday evening and headed to Pearland. Nothing happened Thursday night. Friday we got up, went walking the neighborhood, took my brother-in-law to lunch for his birthday, let the boys go play in the water at the Pearland Town Center, went home for naps, went to Wal-Mart, and still no baby. She started having more contractions and not feeling very well last night. I thought surely something will happen. Went to sleep, woke up, went to Lowe's and Home Depot, came home, my sister went to a friend's baby shower, and still no baby. Me, Andrew, and my dad have to leave tomorrow to come back home and I will be really disappointed if there is no baby. I am not going to get to come back down here again for a long while and it makes me sad. She was there when I had both boys and I would love to be here for the birth of my niece. Oh, well. God's timinig is ALWAYS perfect and there is a reason that sweet little McKinley is not ready to be born. So, please keep praying for my sister. She is very ready to have this little girl.
My brother-in-law and I are taking Andrew and Caed to the Astro's game this afternoon. It should be very interesting! Pray for Chris as well. He is home this weekend with Noah. I am sure they are doing fine, but I know Chris AND Noah are ready for mommy to be home. I will post pics very soon of the boys at Easter and other events from the last couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment